- Multi Step Simulation- Lodent Precision
- Forming Simulation- Corsair F4U
- Forming Troubleshooting- Die Engineering
- Step Optimization- Die Engineering
- Thinning Prevention- Viking Tooling
- ANSYS Simulation- Premier Tool Design
- Forming Troubleshooting- AFC Tool
- First Tryout Success- Minnesota Tool & Die
- Tool Design Testing- Die Enginnering
- Forming Troubleshooting- Malben Engineering
- Forming Troubleshooting- Williams Tooling
- Forming Simulation – Ustun Makina
- Metal Product Development- Rover Australia
Minnesota Tool & Die Case Study
The client required a successful forming process to form the provided 3D Part Geometry. Using our simulation technology, they were able to get great parts at first try out.
Figure 1: Part Geometry
Figure 2: Splits are predicted
Initially, a single stage draw was simulated to determine if the part required more than one forming stage.
Figure 3: Pre-Form Shape
A pre-form shape was engineered to form the part in TWO stages.
Figure 4: Pre-Form Simulation
The simulation predicted failure to resolve splitting issues in a single stage. We then developed a successful two-stage approach through simulation.
Figure 5: Actual Pre-Form shape is safe!
Figure 6: Simulation predicts a successful part
Figure 7: The Part is formed successfully
The client tooled the process and achieved success at first tryout!